A future without poverty is within walking distance.
Women and girls in developing countries walk an average of six kilometres every day to collect essentials such as water and food for their families, leaving little time to go to school or earn money.
CARE is working to change that. And you can too.
CARE’s Walk In Her Shoes challenge is a global movement that gives you an opportunity to show your solidarity with women and girls in developing countries – all while raising critical funds to help them lift themselves out of poverty.
The challenge is simple – but it has a huge impact:
- Sign up now to Walk In Her Shoes Edmonton - you can join a team, start a team or walk on your own.
- Using our online fundraising tools, emails and sample letters, reach out to your networks to donate to your walk campaign. Every dollar makes a difference for women and girls.
- Join us at the annual Edmonton family-friendly walk at the Emily Murphy Park at 10 am on Saturday, April 6 in celebration of the month of International Women’s Day to take 10,000 steps together in solidarity with women and girls.
Registration is only $25 and comes with a $20 tax receipt and a limited edition CARE gloves! Plus, there are prizes for Top Fundraising Teams and Individuals. Click here to learn more.
For more information or registration assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you to our supporters:
- A-Z Contracting & Constuction Ltd.
- River City Events
- Cookies By George
- Planet Foods
- The Century Hospitality Group
- Hillberg & Berk
- The Body Shop Kingsway
- Makami College
- Cosmos Greek Kitchen
- Costco South
- Real Canadian Superstore Calgary Trail
- Good Life Fitness
- The Comic Strip West Edmonton Mall